Wednesday 27 June 2012

Another hand-bound book........

Evening all,

I just had to share this one with you, ha ha ha! Never in a month of Sundays would I have ever thought that I would find a tampon box creatively inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey ho, stranger things happen at sea so they say!!
Goodness knows but I looked at the box and it was the perfect size for making a 'scrapbook' that I had in mind and was also the perfect proportions to try out a different stitching technique that I have been wanting to have a go at...........


The pages were made from scraps of various papers from my stash. Ha ha, I took the photo with the book the wrong way up but you can just about see the pockets I put in the cover using the spare box tabs, the cover itself was covered in some k&co papers!!



Sorry about the blurry pictures of the stitching (no excuse but my son was playing peepo with his big sister behind my legs at the time ha ha). The stitch is a mixture of pamphlet stitch and long stitch that I had seen on a Youtube demo, lol the demo kept freezing but I managed to work it out myself in the end.

And finally a view from the top........


Lots of lovely pages to hopefully hold some of my expanding collage fodder collection.................

Thank-you so much for popping by,

Big hugs x x x x

5 comments:

Terrie said...

Amazing. Can I just say.....you never know where inspiration is going to come from. And you've made something so pretty from something totally unexpected!

Karen said...

OMG Dawny!!!! Tampon box hahahahahahaha This is AMAZING!!!!! It looks so neat ( as in tidy for our US friends) I am lucky enough to be working in one of your books and it really does stand up to all that I throw at it :D Please make some more, HUGS xxx

Kaz said...

Dawn this is fantastic! How you managed to get your stitching so perfect while having 2 little ones running round I will never know!
You've done a fab job xxx

SandeeNC said...

Awesome job on the hand stitched binding! Color me impressed! waving hi from the hot hills of North Carolina :)

BJ said...

Dawn, your books are amazing and I can now say I have actually "handled" one, so I know first hand! hehe Yep met your big sister today at The Craft Barn Extravaganza. It was SO nice to know someone there as I usually go look and go home but today I was out for 7 HOURS! (as son remarked when I finally got home!!) One of my friends (on my craft group) was well interested in the book making too, knew she would be, just up her street. Anyway, hope to meet you one day too - BJ