Sunday 8 July 2012

Mixed Media Canvas

Hi all,

ha ha this was so much fun to play with but I'm still not sure I would call it finished!! Every time I look at it I see something else that may or may not 'finish' it off. Lol, maybe I should just put it away and look again in a few months!!


I started with an acrylic base coat, stuck on various bits of torn book paper, chocolate wrapper pieces (yummy they were too!!) and some kaisercraft ephemera pictures. I stamped some script and flourishes using coffee archival ink and then toned it all down with an acrylic glaze in a much lighter colour, rubbing sections off with a baby-wipe where I wanted some emphasis. Much inking through masks and use of bottle tops and various other bits and bobs ensued in an attempt to create some texture. The gorgeous Tando random circle mask was sprayed through using Memories orange juice ink and some lace was added around the main lady's neck-line to finish.

Many thanks for popping by,

Hugs x x x x

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is lovely work sweetheart!!!!! If it was mine I would add a quote somewhere to draw the eye, hope you don't mind me saying xxxxxx