Friday 12 April 2013

Craft Barn Alpha Challenge - Letter R

Evening all,

ha ha ha another late ish entry from me, school holidays and all I almost forgot!!!

All the details of how to play in the fab Craft Barn's alpha challenge can be found here, and if you fancy a peek at all the R entries please pop on over here.

IF YOU FIND THE SUBJECT OF DEATH OFFENSIVE IN ANY WAY PLEASE GO NO FURTHER

Hmm, the only R I could find in my dictionary to fit my Mythology theme was REAPER!!

My drawings were greatly inspired after perusing many offerings on Google images and the journaled mythology comes from many sources on Google (as well as my memory lol) so unsure how accurate the details are!!!!!!

Here you go........






Many thanks for popping by and leaving a comment if you feel you would like to, your thoughts and time mean a lot to me.

Huge hugs

Dawn x

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are marvelous Dawn. I love the white one with wings! xox

Annie said...

Your page spread is fantastic, Dawn! Your artwork is wonderful and I love all the great information you've added around your figures! Well done!

chrissie said...

Wonderful drawings and great pages from a difficult word.

Love Chrissie xx

BJ said...

Oh scary indeed, but, if like me, you are a Christian, it is wise to remember that there IS an opposing force in the universe and we'd do well to acknowledge such and not to assume it is all mythology.

Makes me think of the song, "Don't Fear the Reaper" by the Blue Oyster Cult. Just looked up the lyrics and now even more bemused as up to now my mind had only gone to someone cutting (reaping) grass.

Perhaps it is a bit early for me today - LOL. Anyway, great drawings and thanks for all the mythology stories. BJ

Sylvia said...

Fabulous pages.

Sylv xx

LindaS said...

Very artistic with wonderful drawings. I especially love your explaing and handwriting.

Mooffie said...

Wish I could draw! Wonder why a sprout was essential reaping resource?? How odd. Thanks for the health warning, gratefully ignored!! :-)

Karen said...

I know this was a difficult choice for my darling but you have done a fantsatic job to it!!! Your drawings have the right degree of sinister-ism (mmm I think I made that up) and are very good! The next letter will be a lot easier for you I think. HUGS xxx

Joan said...

Great drawings and interesting information

Sandy said...

Oh my word Dawn - I love your drawings - thay are fabulous and emit such emotion of death. I think we are all drawn in a grim way to an image of death. You did a wonderful job oh clever one!!
Sandy

JansArtyJunk said...

Fabulous artwork Dawn... the wings are great...love how you are sticking to a theme each challenge...very clever ...and interesting too :)

Traceyr said...

Indeed a dark subject matter Dawn but I love how you have kept it very simple with just the black and white and all the journalling.

Super! :)

Scrapmate said...

Wow amazing drawings and a wonderful word choice.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm a bit late to the party, but I love this. Wish I could draw even 1/100th as good as you. You even make it look easy. And even though this is a touchy subject, you treated it with respect and aplomb.

Anonymous said...

Spooky but brilliant!! great drawings.
Thanks for playing with us
Izzy